Jack Errickson III


Jack worked for Public Service Electric and Gas Company for 37 1/2 years before retiring in May 1997. Drinks were on him at the soda machine at PSE&G with a pretty secretary named Barbara. As their dating progressed, he told her that she shouldn’t be thinking that he’d be marrying her. Turns out he was wrong. Barbara and Jack married on November 3, 1962, and were the loves of each others lives calling each other “My Bride” and “My Groom.” Their marriage was blessed by two beautiful daughters, Jennifer Errickson and Megan Jablonski (Roy); and two grandsons Michael and Brendan that were his pride and joy. He is survived by his sisters in law, Peg Hansen and Carol Potts, brother in law, Greg Potts, his nephew, Johnny Harrison, many other nieces and nephews and many friends he considered family.

Everyone who encountered Jack took away a little piece of him for themselves, whether it be his love for life, generosity or sense of humor. “I’m busy!” became his go to phrase: he was cantankerous, till he had a chance to think about it. Down the shore he was Block Captain and Mayor of N. 1st Street, always looking out the window to see what was going on, relaxing with friends and family on the decks of his street enjoying the sun, sunsets, and good stories, or riding around in his Jeep Wrangler with his sidekick, Bruno, his miniature dachshund. Most mornings found him having breakfast with his family and friends and weekly with his brother-in-law Tommy Potts and many evenings were for dinner at ScoJo’s with family and friends. “Judge” Errickson always had the best reservations. Jack maintained not only his garden and flowers but his neighbors’ flowers as well, watering them as needed and had so many vehicles that he should have had his own used car lot. One night the combination of his ’57 T-Bird and a toll booth earned him the nickname “Tiger Jack,” though you should have heard him tell the story. He’d always try to watch the Eagles play an entire game, but after a few outbursts in the first quarter Barbara would send him outside to chop some wood or do yard work so he could cool off a bit. He finally learned to just turn the Birds off!

Come celebrate 80 years of living life to the fullest, Tuesday 6-8 p.m. and Wednesday from 9-10 a.m. at Sweeney Funeral Home, Riverside. Mass of Christian Burial 10:30 a.m. at St. Peter’s Church, Riverside. Interment Lakeview Cemetery, Cinnaminson.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *